new year twenty eighteen, goals and changes I’ll be working towards and others I won’t be.
* * * *
Well, it’s a new year! And it’s already six days in! I think this is a little crazy.
This year there is no big travel adventure planned but I have a feeling it will be nonetheless very interesting.
I normally have a word to describe the kind of year I believe I may have. Last years word was REST. Twenty seventeen was a tumultuous year from the very start (of which I’m still feeling the effects) so I had to learn that I need rest. Physical rest and mental rest. Rest in God’s love.
This year I have a feeling that I will need to be fearLESS. That is my word for this year: fearLESS.
I’ll have to see throughout the year how that goes…..I’ll keep ya’ll updated on the blog and Instagram of course. So stay tuned!
I also want to share what I want to achieve this year. Not New Years ‘resolutions’ because those are generally unsustainable or extreme. But rather, I want to keep a few things in mind throughout the year that I can work on or take steps to achieve. Just not in an obsessive or aggressive way because that’s not how I roll!
So, I’m going to share a few things that I won’t be doing this year and some I will be.
WHAT I WON’T BE DOING
- I WON’T be sucked in to the diet dogma that inexplicably ramps up at the beginning of a new year. I don’t need to detox/refresh/reset/lose weight/change my body/etc. Over the holidays I enjoyed lots of great food which I don’t need to feel guilty about!
The ladies over at Nourishing Mind Tribe say it best. Go check out Victoria and Meg!
- I WILL NOT be perpetuating negative self-talk. It’s time to silence that annoying voice in my mind berating and belittling me.
- NOT wearing certain clothes from my wardrobe because I think I look ‘fat’ or ‘ugly’ in them. This is silly and results in many beautiful items in my closet not ever seeing the light of day!
- I WON’T look to others or to things to affirm my identity. My identity is in Christ.
WHAT I WILL BE DOING
- Working on the blog! I know I kind of let it go towards the end there but I LOVE blogging and am determined to keep growing my space here. Over Christmas I had the amazing opportunity to work with Jord Watches. I loved collaborating with a brand so I definitely want to do more of that this year!
- Keep reminding myself that I am fine as I am and I don’t need to compare myself to others.
- Fill my mind and life with more positive words, scriptures, promises from God and love.
- Make the effort to catch up with my friends more. This means more brunches, dessert dates, picnics, walks and weekend trips!
- Asking for help when I need it. A real struggle for me because I think I can do it all (spoiler: I can’t). There is NOTHING wrong about asking for help!
- Surround myself with lovely things – flowers, good friends, light, books
- Take more photographs! Use my polaroid camera more to capture moments and memories.
* * * *
What about you? Are there some things you’d like to start working on within yourself this year? Some goals you’ve had in mind perhaps? I’d love to know what they are! Share below in the comments or head over to Instagram and DM me! It can be as simple as sleeping more or
Thank you for stopping by friends! Thank you for continuing to come back and supporting what I do here. I hope you stick around this year too.
And remember: you don’t need to get sucked in to all the new year resolutions (new year, new me!) If you want to make changes or work towards a goal, you don’t need to start in the new year. You can start whenever you want.
Until next time lovelies!